- 1887-1910 (Accumulation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
2 loose photocopies of layout plans
Name of creator
The Dundee Technical Institute initially occupied a building on the campus of Smalls Wynd from 1888-1909. The project to build new, larger, accommodation for the Institute was discussed at the end of the nineteenth century, and then properly started in 1906 with an architect's competition being held in 1907, followed by the construction that lasted through to the opening of the newly named Dundee Technical College and School of Art in 1911.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The main part of the series consists of plans and specifications for the new accommodation on Bell Street, but photocopies of layout plans for the previous building in Smalls Wynd are also included. The origin of the photocopies is unclear, but they may have been acquired from University of Dundee Archives.